New procedure for sending laboratory samples from non-EU countries

News publication date: 02 September 2020

In case you plan to send plant or seed samples from outside the EU (third countries) to Naktuinbouw for destructive testing, a phytosanitary certificate or an accompanying letter from the Netherlands Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA) is required. It was previously possible to download this letter yourself from our website and include it with the sample. We have changed this procedure in order to register the material being sent to us in a better way. This will avoid the import of material that is not permitted.

Monsterzak wordt uit doos gehaald

You can request the accompanying letter from NVWA from our website

This can be done with an application form on the website. Fill in the details of the material you wish to send on this application form. Based on this information, Naktuinbouw will decide whether the material can be imported or not.

You will receive a numbered letter and shipping label

Once the application is approved, Naktuinbouw will email you a numbered letter including shipping label within 48 hours. This label states the address of Naktuinbouw and the orange warning sticker that indicates destructive testing. Both documents must be attached to the outside of the box. If your request cannot be approved, we will contact you by phone or email.

The letter can only be used once

The numbered letter can only be used to send the material to the Naktuinbouw location at Sotaweg 22, 2371 GD Roelofarendsveen, The Netherlands. Please complete the request form for each new submission of material.