Import Quarantaine Service

We have the appropriate certificates for importing plant material from outside the European Union or plant material with a quarantine status. We store and look after this plant material separately from other material.

Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Where can I find a submission form?

You can find this form on the website. There are three different types:

Can more than one crop be listed on a DOIV?

If the different crops are in the same package, one DOIV is sufficient. A separate DOIV must be requested for each shipment.

When do I have to request a DOIV?

A DOIV must be requested if it is not possible to request a phytosanitary certificate. The application must comply with the following criteria:

  • The crop/family is not stated on the EU list of banned plants, unless indicated that the material is intended for planting up.
  • The material is used for destructive testing.
  • The material is sent directly to the Netherlands from the country of origin, without transhipment in another country.

What is a DOIV?

A DOIV is a document issued by the Netherlands Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA). This document permits plant material without a phytosanitary certificate to be imported for the purpose of destructive testing on samples. The Dutch customs authorities required this document to release the shipment.

Where should I send my samples?

All samples can be sent to:

Attn. Laboratories Administration
Postbus 40
2370 AA Roelofarendsveen, NL

With large quantities of samples (e.g. on a pallet), please use the visiting address:

Attn. Laboratories Administration
Sotaweg 22
2371 AA Roelofarendsveen, NL

Samples can be received between 8:00-17:30, from Mondays to Fridays.

Samples for Bioassays can be sent to:

Tienrayseweg 9a
5961 NK Horst, NL

Which documents should I to send with my samples?

A submission form downloaded from the website. Samples submitted from outside the EU must be accompanied by a phytosanitary certificate or DOIV.

Is a phytosanitary certificate required?

A phytosanitary certificate is sometimes required for samples submitted from outside the EU. If it is not possible to request a phytosanitary certificate, you can request a special, accompanying letter (DOIV) on the website.

When can I send my samples?

We advise you to send plant samples (perishable material) without symptoms on Mondays or Tuesdays. Plant samples with symptoms can be sent from Mondays to Thursdays. This will avoid samples being left in the post over the weekends and not being stored in the correct conditions. Samples sent on these days will also arrive in time for testing.

Seed samples can be sent every day of the week.

I am submitting samples to Naktuinbouw for the first time. Which documents should I include?

A registration form must be filled in first so we can enter the necessary company details in our system. 

It is also important to send an order form with the samples. This form is also on our website.