The training course Professional Seed Sampling is intended for (new) employees involved in taking samples of seeds. Experienced employees can refresh their knowledge and skills of the sampling process and reflect on their own practice.
The training course is a mix of theoretical introductions, practical assignments and discussions. You can share knowledge and experience how to improve the quality and reliability of a seed sample. The course will be given in English.
- Phases in the sampling process
- Sampling techniques and methods
- Making choices (samplers responsibilities whether or not to take a sample)
- Use of tools
- Sampling errors
- Taking a reliable, representative sample according to NAL guidelines
- Taking non-selective samples
- Packing and ship