We introduce the new real-time RT-PCRs for the detection of AMV, ArMV, BBWV1-2, CLRV, HVX, NXV, RpRSV, TBRV/BRSV and TSV in horticultural leaf material. Naktuinbouw Laboratories continues to support the sector by developing new tests to help diagnose plants with symptoms or to check for, and guarantee, absence of certain viruses.
The real-time RT-PCR is a technique for rapid amplification of RNA
This is done with the help of pathogen-specific building blocks. The amplification in RNA can be monitored digitally at any time. This makes it possible to confirm quicker and with more certainty whether the pathogen is present.
- Alfalfa mosaic virus (AMV, potato yellowing virus) occurs worldwide in many vegetable and floral crops, as well as in fruit crops. The virus is spread through different types of aphids.
- Broad bean wilt virus-1 and -2 (BBWV1-2) are found worldwide in a wide variety of crops. These viruses are spread by several species of aphids.
- Hosta Virus X (HVX) occurs worldwide in Hosta and Nerine Virus X (NXV) in crops such as Nerine and Agapanthus. Both viruses belong to the potex viruses and are transmitted by contaminated juice (mechanical spread).
- Tobacco streak virus (TSV) also has a wider host range, both in vegetable and floral crops. The virus can be mechanically transferred from one plant to another by thrips with infected pollen.
- Arabis mosaic virus (ArMV), Cherry leaf roll virus (CLRV), Raspberry ringspot virus (RpRSV) and Tomato black ring virus (TBRV) have their origin in Europe, but have also been reported from other parts of the world. The viruses are spread via the nematode Longidorus (RpRSV, TBRV/BRSV) or Xiphinema (ArMV, CLRV). In the past, beet ringspot virus (BRSV) was also classified as TBRV.
New tests for plant material horticultural crops
- AMV, ArMV, BBWV-1-2, CLRV, HVX, NXV, RpRSV, TBRV-BRSV or TSV or in plant
- Sample: Max. 25 leaves
- Rate PCR basic test: € 71,50
- Duration basic test: 4 days
* For basic fees, see the 2021 price list