American Plant Breeders' Rights, technical examination
The technical report includes the following:
- breeding history
- statement of distinctness
- an objective variety description
- additional descriptive information
- statement of the declaration of ownership
- With tuber propagated varieties- verification that a cell culture is available
Naktuinbouw can perform the technical examination: draw up an objective description of the variety and indicate its distinctness compared to the best comparable variety/varieties.
The PVPO has a list for most crops of the characteristics that must be described. These are often different characteristics than those in the UPOV guidelines. Naktuinbouw cannot make the actual application.