In the context of a two-year collaborative NSTP Knowledge-transfer Project, a high-level delegation from the Philippines visited Naktuinbouw on October 31th. The visit is a follow-up to the visit of a Dutch delegation to the Philippines last August.
The purpose of the visit is to observe the capacity and expertise of the Dutch seed sector and meet the Dutch project partners. This will be helpful for both sides to effectively define the practical part of the program activities that will be undertaken in the next two years. The visit started with a warm welcome from LNV (Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality) and RVO (Dutch Enterprise Agency).
Part of the program was:
- Introduction/background of the NSTP Knowledge-transfer Project and introduction of the project partners
- Presentation by UPOV
- Introduction to Naktuinbouw, visit to the laboratories and an introduction to Naktuinbouw Phytosanitary & Inspection Services, Naktuinbouw quality systems
- Presentation on Plant Breeders' Rights and Variety Listing in the Netherlands, DUS testing and VCU in the Netherlands
- Discussion/meet-up with the project partners
- Meeting with Plantum and visit to Syngenta and Rijk Zwaan
- Visits to NAK (Dutch general inspection service for agricultural seeds and seed potatoes), the NVWA (Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority), Centre for Genetic Resources (CGN), WUR